Wednesday, March 21, 2012


Bookish Meme: Reading Habits


The following meme is modified from the original by Booking Through Thursday.

What's your favorite time of day to read?

In the late afternoon in between Mom Shuttle driving stints and at night after everyone's in bed.

What's your favorite place to read?

During the day, when I'm outside the house, anywhere will do (even in the line at the post office). At home, it's the red rocking chair in the bedroom during the day and the bed at night.

Do you read in bed?

I really shouldn't...all sleep hygienists say I shouldn't...but I do.

Do you read during meals?

Sometimes, when the younger sub-section of the eating populace is talking far too much and taking far too long to eat.

How many hours a day would you say you read?

Two to four.

Do you read more or less now than you did, say, 10 years ago?

Definitely more.

Do you consider yourself a speed reader?

Nope. I'm a slow reader, and the more complicated the nonfiction book, the more plodding I get.

Do you carry a book with you everywhere you go? And if yes, then is there a particular type of book you carry with you?

I carry whatever book I'm currently reading everywhere with me, be it a nonfiction hardcover tome or a mass market paperback romance.

Do you write in your books?

Yes, I do. Parenthetical remarks, editorial corrections, proofreading marks, notes to self...it all goes in the margins.

If you had one piece of advice to a new reader, what would it be?

Books are so much fun. Because of books you get to go places, meet people, experience events, and think of things you would never otherwise have the opportunity to do so.

0 comments: