Friday, July 19, 2013


Picture Day Friday: Romance Novel Covers as Decoupaged Art on Shoes


Graduate student of romance fiction studies, Rudi Bremer, indulged in her love of romance novels and shoes by creating an art project, titled "The Sole of a Romantic."

Rudi says, "I've spent the past couple of weeks working on a visual art piece that celebrates my love of romance novels. My work is a pair of high heels that have been decoupaged with romance novel covers (both old skool and recent releases). They are entirely functional and I have plans to wear them ... pretty much everywhere. Essentially, they were for an assignment and will be in a small exhibition/showing."

Sarah Wendell called these shoes "The Most Awesome Shoes in the Universe."

And I have to agree. Take a look...







0 comments: