Friday, February 26, 2010


Picture Day Friday


Strahov Monastery of Prague, Poland is known as a pilgrimage site and is the home of the famous Strahov library with a huge number of medieval books and writings. The first time it was mentioned was in 1120 CE, when St. Norbert founded the Order of Premonstratensians. There was a Romanesque monastery at first, later fully rebuilt in the Gothic style, and in 18th century big changes were made to add in the Baroque style.

Theological Hall of the Strahov Monastery Library...

Strahov Monastery Library copyright by Smugmug.com

Philosophical Hall of the Strahov Monastery Library...

Strahov Monastery Library copyright by Smugmug.com

2 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

That's gorgeous, isn't it, Keira? Must say I always enjoy picture day Friday and I've found yet more places to put on my list of things I will see before I kick ze bucket!

Keira Soleore said...

Heh, Fo. It's like a dream wish list of place to go and see, isn't it?