Wednesday, March 14, 2012


DABWAHA March Madness for Romance Novels


Dear Author Bitchery Writing Award for Hellagood Authors Today is fill-your-bracket time till 11:59 central time, and tomorrow the mayhem starts with voting and trash talking on Twitter via the #dabwaha hashtag.

Dear Author Bitchery Writing Award for Hellagood Authors (DABWAHA) is a March Madness scheme for romance novels run by the enterprising Sarah Wendell of Smart Bitches Trashy Books and Jane Litte of Dear Author.

These are the finalists for this year. You enter your picks by first, registering your name and email address and then, by clicking on each book title to select it for the next round. Be sure that you do select a final winner as well as a tie breaker number.

Once you've done that, you're ready for voting for your favorites, which starts March 15 at midnight central time and goes in four sets of twelve hours each for a total of two days for round one.

The overall schedule is posted on the site, so you can plan your voting times. Don't forget to lobby for your picks on Twitter. People are vocal in their support for their favorites, and authors promote their books vigorously (some even with videos!!).

Here's my bracket. My final round favorites are: The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne and Kiss of Snow by Nalini Singh, with the Bourne as the top favorite. Let's see how I do this year.

[Edited 3/23/12: My original bracket is toast. Here's my bracket for the second chance tourney of the final sixteen.]

2 comments:

Lynne Silver said...

I think I also have Singh vs. Bourne in the finals!

Keira Soleore said...

I love those books! Crossing my fingers lots of people think similarly. :)