Sunday, February 1, 2009


25 Writers Who Have Influenced My Thinking


Looks like Sunday is meme day in Seattle-town this week. Thanks to Tasha Alexander, I have one more meme to waste my day on. Hooray!

Here are 25 fiction writers who have influenced my perspective on life. I'm deliberately staying away from poetry and nonfiction here.

In no particular order (and given my software engineering roots, my lists always start with '0')...

0. Dr. Seuss
1. Enid Blyton
2. Jane Austen
3. G.B. Shaw
4. Harper Lee
5. John Steinbeck
6. Pico Iyer
7. Kazuo Ishiguro
8. Alexandre Dumas
9. Jules Verne
10. The Brontes
11. P.D. James
12. Louisa May Alcott
13. Elizabeth George
14. Shakespeare
15. Lucy Maud Montgomery
16. Connie Brockway
17. Jo Beverley
18. Julia Quinn
19. Julie Garwood
20. Jean Auel
21. Umberto Eco
22. Georgette Heyer
23. Bernard Cornwell
24. Laura Ingalls Wilder
25. Charles Dickens

2 comments:

Anna Campbell said...

Methinks, Miss Keira, you're cheating just a tad by counting the Brontes as one!!! Great list, by the way! I'm reading an Elizabeth George right now - it's fairly grim! Am I mistaken or are these books getting darker, the more of them I read?

Keira Soleore said...

Yes. The EG's get more grim and darker till the penultimate one. The last one is more like one of her beginning books.