Wednesday, March 14, 2012


Comparing Top Book Favorites of 2011


As mentioned earlier, I read 144 books in 2011. For a complete list of my books, go HERE. Also, as mentioned earlier, these are my top ten books of 2011:

Silk is for Seduction by Loretta Chase
The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne
The Other Guy's Bride by Connie Brockway
A Lady's Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran
Welcome to My World by Johnny Weir
Kissing Comfort by Jo Goodman
A Place Called Home by Jo Goodman
The Comforts of Home by Jodi Thomas
How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O'Neal
Where Shadows Dance by C.S. Harris

Now, let's see how I fared when I compare my list with the Best Of 2011 lists for romance put out by others. This what I have in common with them.

Library Journal: Silk is for Seduction by Loretta Chase

Amazon: Silk is for Seduction by Loretta Chase

Publisher's Weekly: none

Just Janga: Silk is for Seduction by Loretta Chase, The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne, The Other Guy’s Bride by Connie Brockway, and A Lady’s Lesson in Scandal by Meredith Duran

GoodReads: none

The Good, The Bad, The Unread: Silk is for Seduction by Loretta Chase

All About Romance: Silk is for Seduction by Loretta Chase, The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne, and The Other Guy’s Bride by Connie Brockway

Goossamer Obsessions: none

2 comments:

Beth Elliott said...

Re the copyright issue - you have made it cristal clear that your writing is your property. It is a murky situation at present - writers have no protection from theft of their work, unlike musicians, where everything is tied up and punishments are swift and severe.
I am now going to compose a copyright warning on my blog - it will be very similar to yours, for reasons of clarity and brevity and the fact that simple words work best. I trust it does not look like I'm copying yours.

Keira Soleore said...

Beth, thanks for visiting and commenting. I'm glad you found the copyright copy that I have on my blog to be useful. Feel free to use it as is, in part or whole as you deem fit.

Yes, so far, even very public instances of plagiarism (such as when Nora Roberts' work was pilfered) have incurred no fines for the wrongdoer and no compensation to the original writer.