Tuesday, March 27, 2012


My Faves of RWA RITA & Golden Heart Finalists


Yesterday was the day that Romance Writers of America (RWA) announced it's 2012 nominees for it's prestigious RITA Awards (for books published in 2011) and Golden Heart Awards (for unpublished manuscripts submitted in 2011).

Here are my favorites of the nominations...

RITA for Historical & Regency Romance
Always a Temptress by Eileen Dreyer
The Black Hawk by Joanna Bourne
Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Hoyt
Silk Is for Seduction by Loretta Chase
Unveiled by Courtney Milan
The Devil in Disguise by Stefanie Sloane
How to Marry a Duke by Vicky Dreiling
How to Seduce a Scoundrel by Vicky Dreiling
A Night to Surrender by Tessa Dare
When Beauty Tamed the Beast by Eloisa James
Heiress in Love by Christina Brooke

RITA for Romance Novella
"One Wish: a Christmas Story" by Jodi Thomas in A Texas Christmas

RITA for Romantic Suspense
Secrets of Bella Terra by Christina Dodd

RITA for Strong Romantic Elements
Goodnight Tweetheart by Teresa Medeiros
How to Bake a Perfect Life by Barbara O'Neal

GH for Contemporary Single Title
Blackjack & Moonlight by Magdalen Braden
Meant To Be by Terri Osborn

GH for Historical Romance
The Last Light of Dusk by Joanne Lockyer

GH for Young Adult Romance
The Suspicions of Cairo Jones by Mary Danielson

6 comments:

Terri Osburn said...

Thank you so much for the mention. At this point winning is something I can't even imagine. Just making the finals is a dream come true. I can ride that wave and be totally satisfied. Once I stop freaking out and figure out how to enjoy it. :)

Keira Soleore said...

How many ways can I say congratulations to you? :)

Mary Danielson said...

Keira, you're the best. Thank you so much for including me in the list! I'm still completely shocked to have finaled. It's surprising RWA's website hasn't crashed, considering how many times I've checked it to make sure I'm not crazy!

Thank you again. I can't wait to see you at Nationals!!

Keira Soleore said...

I'm SO pleased that you finaled in THE GH. All that hard work has paid off, and the nom is very well-deserved!

Alas, I won't be at Nationals this year. We have a crazy summer with at least one family member continuously traveling.

Mary Danielson said...

Keira, I didn't realize you wouldn't be going! Nationals will be a bit dimmer this year, because you're not there. I hope you and yours have a wonderful, if crazily busy, summer anyway!

Keira Soleore said...

You're so sweet. I'm really going to miss seeing everyone. RWA is the highlight on my year!