Wednesday, September 21, 2016


#TBRChallenge Reading: Adam and Eva by Sandra Kitt


2016 TBR Reading Challenge
Book: Adam and Eva
Author: Sandra Kitt
My Categories: Romance, Contemporary (1984)
Wendy Crutcher's Category: Off-Theme (Yay, freedom!)

Adam and Eva is a Harlequin American romance published in 1985 and is one of the early books by an African American author featuring African American characters. Did I enjoy the story? I did. I liked seeing where Eva and Adam started and how they slowly came together. For a short book, the relationship's developed leisurely, and I always appreciate watching two people fall in love, rather being told, voilà, there're in love.

2 comments:

Bona Caballero said...

This book has been in my TBR list for years! I haven't read it yet, so thank you for the review, as it gives me an idea about what to expect when I read it. Although your review expresses mixed feelings, I still find this book very interesting. Perhaps the only problem is that it was written in the 80s and it shows. If the same plot were to be written nowadays, all those details you mention would have been written in a different way. So, still on my TBR list.

Keira Soleore said...

Bona, that's exactly how I looked at it. Even after reading Liz's review, I was intrigued enough by the story to pick it up and find out for myself what I thought of it. The setting, the characters, and the 1980s gender norms all make for an interesting book despite its modern shortcomings.